Thursday, February 21, 2008

Making your own textures

There are a ton of resources online for textures. The two websites I have used in the past are not working right now, so I thought I would show you how to make your own textures. You can pretty much take a picture of anything and use it as a texture: concrete, wood, leaves, grass, fabric, flowers, etc.

In this example I used a picture I took of some hydrangeas. The original image was pink, and I wanted to keep the colors of the image I was texturizing, so I changed the hydrangeas to grayscale. This allowed the colors in the doggy picture to show through instead of having a pink tint to them.







These are two pictures of textures I took in Portland. The sand on the beach was blowing so hard and making these cool criss-cross patterns. It makes a nice subtle texture that I used in last weeks picture of my father-in-law.



2 comments:

Neva said...

ok ...I am reading backwards...I can see you are one talented lady with a camera....I like the doggie in the picture.

Miss_Yves said...

Very creative !A nice result!
Good luck for your plans !
miss Yves