Sunday, May 11, 2008

I'm Back

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all of my mommy friends, you guys are great. Second, Congratulations to one of my bestest friends, Dayna, on the birth of her new baby boy, Brody. I saw pictures and he is the cutest little guy ever.

California was great. I had an enormous room, two tv's, two bathrooms, and if I pulled out the bed in the couch I would have had two beds. Way too much room for little ol' me, but it was great to spread out and walk around in my underwear without worrying who was going to see me :)

The plane ride there was empty, so I got to lay out over three seats and sleep. That was lucky, seeing as I didn't go to bed until after 12 when my flight was at 6am (it took four times as long as usual to pack since everything I own is in random boxes that are all located in random spots throughout the house.) When I got to the hotel they let me into my room early and my first task was to find food. I ate the first thing I could find, which happened to be sushi at a strip mall food court, but what the heck, it tasted fine.

The actual conference went well, but the highlight of my week was going to LA and hanging out with one of my good friends from NMSU, Yvonne. I got to the 3rd street promenade before her so I went to the largest forever twenty one I have ever seen (three stories) and bought a cute dress and a belted blazer. Then we ate Thai at a very empty restaurant, which was good because we got the chance to talk. It was really great getting to see her again. She is what got me through my physics degree. She understands me when I say I skip all of the equations when I read a textbook or paper. I really miss having her around.

I think I will stop boring you with my uneventful trip and show you a picture of Yvonne and I. I am saving my beach photo for Skywatch Friday.

1 comment:

Burgh Baby said...

I'm impressed you managed to get an empty flight. I haven't had that luxury in AGES.