Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Weekend at the Cottage

We went up to the in-laws cottage on Lake Erie this weekend. It was so nice to relax and not have to worry about anything. I took a nap two afternoons in a row, and there are some unfortunate pictures to prove it.

It is funny how things can change over 9 years of going to the cottage. The first time I went up there kids were everywhere. There was a baby, some toddlers, and some teenagers (me being one of them). It was fun shooting marshmallows at the little buggers and playing in the lake. Now, it is a completely different story. There was not a child in site. A couple marshmallows were shot, but overall the day was filled with sitting around, eating food, taking walks and riding bikes. Someone needs to start popping out some kids so we can feel young again (hint hint hubby).

Here are some of my favorite shots of the cottage.

The back dock out onto the bay.



We used to jump off of this dock into thick, black, muck. It was so much fun and disgusting all at the same time. Now the grasses have grown up and the water has dropped so there is no more muck to play in, which is probably a good thing.



My sister-in-law and I built this swing with grandpa. He passed away a couple years later, but we have the memories and this place to remember him by.



Me and my puppy. She was such a good girl and followed my everywhere, some of the times without a leash. Our little girl is growing up so fast.



I have lots more to show you so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Kt said...

It's funny to think you and Derek have been together for nine years. It makes me feel old.

Louis la Vache said...

Over at San Francisco Bay Daily Photo, "Louis" and his 'Editor' Yell at each other both in the text and in the comments....