Friday, May 22, 2009

For the Love of Color


I was never a girly girl growing up. I played in the dirt, climbed tress, and hated pink. I especially hated flowery things. A shirt with pink flowers on it was not my style. I was a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal (I still am). I think it all changed when I got engaged. I was all caught up in the wedding planning, picking a dress, picking the flowers, all of the girly things involved with planning a wedding. Suddenly, I love flowers, and I can handle pink. Although I still wouldn't wear a pink flower shirt, unless it was super cute and maybe if it was vintage.

When I saw this picture I just loved the colors. The pink with the green and blue just screams girly girl to me, but I still love it. I will forever be a tomboy, but every now and then I let my girly side shine through.

1 comment:

S.Wells said...

Gorgeous flowers! I know what you mean about pink - I didn't start liking pink until I was pregnant with Lydia, and then suddenly pink was okay. In fact, I'm wearing pink now. Weird.