Tuesday, May 11, 2010

At a Standstill


I am waiting for a new beginning.  As if I were sitting on this swing just waiting for someone to push me forward.  I've tried pushing myself.  I do everything your supposed to do, but nothing works.  Now I just wait.  My body seems to be working against me, but I know this future I have been praying for is waiting for me.  I feel it in my bones, in my mind, but mostly in my heart.

It seems like everyone around me is starting their lives in the way I want to start mine.  It seems so easy to get that swing moving, but nothing is as easy as it seems.  The one thing that keeps me going is knowing that I am not alone.  As I sit on this swing there is someone next to me, someone in my position, someone who has been sitting here longer than I have.  Now I have someone to talk to while I wait.  We will do this together.

Sorry for the cryptic post. Don't worry, I'm ok.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This almost made me cry! :) You'll get through it and things will happen soon enough! -Your sis Heather-

Double D said...

I know things will work out for you because you and Derek are wonderful people and I know that you will make the best parents. I keep having dreams all the time about you having a baby while you are down here. I know, it sounds so weird, but in all my dreams I am going to the hospital to visit you and Derek and the baby. Maybe that is a sign? Maybe it wont happen till you guys move down here and start jobs and get settled. God knows the perfect time for you. I will keep praying for you. I love you and miss you terribly.