Saturday, May 31, 2008

PhotoHunter: Self






I took this photo today and was about to try to figure out how to crop myself out of the picture until I discovered that today's photohunter was "self". It couldn't have been more perfect.

If you look closely you can see my reflection in the spoon. Why is it so perfect? Because I love watermelon, it is probably my second favorite thing, behind chocolate of course.

To me watermelon represents summer, my favorite time of year. It represents the care free days of being a kid. It represents picnics and family reunions, the Fourth of July and the county fair. It brings back memories and puts a smile on my face. Did you ever have seed spitting contests? Of course you did, everyone trying to see who could spit their seeds the farthest. Eventually it turned into, "Who could hit the person the farthest away". I still do that, with my watermelon loving friends. Unfortunately, my husband hates watermelon. He is just missing out on all of the fun.

Click the PhotoHunter link above for more "Self" photos.

6 comments:

Erica said...

very unique photo.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, nice idea. Love the colour too.

Claudia said...

Love that it is sooo different!
Great shot!

Michele said...

Watermelon is my favorite and to me is better than chocolate but this is a very nice idea. I have always enjoyed reflection shots so this is really effective!
Rocky Mountain Retreat

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

That is some yummy looking watermelon! Great photo, too!

Teena in Toronto said...

Awesome shot!

I played too :)