Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sneak Peak at my Garden







So, I spent a lot of time in the garden this weekend, but there is still a lot of work to be done. Derek dug up a dead stump in the front yard. It was pretty amazing watching that thing come out of the ground, and he did it all by himself (we only have one shovel). I finished digging up the hosta jungle, and planted a bunch of plants in the front yard. I'll finish that up this weekend and then dig up the enormously ugly bush in the backyard.

There are a few surprises popping up as spring turns to summer. Moving into a new home always brings surprises, but flowery surprises are the best kind. There are several little pockets of Iris popping up and I think I see some sort of lily in the backyard. There is a negative to all the surprises, though. I never know what is actually a plant or what is a weed in the garden. I think I accidentally ripped out a bunch of daisies, but how was I supposed to know they weren't mean old weeds trying to take over my vegetable garden.

Anyways, we have a long way to go, but it is slowly starting to feel like home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm very jealous that you have a garden - what beautiful pictures! I used to have a garden in London, but now I live in Glasgow in a flat so have to just make do with the park down the road (which is currently closed due to a murder the other week. Sigh). If we ever get to move again my husband can check out the house, I'll be looking at the gardens and making my choice based on that!