Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Across the Deep Blue Ocean


I don't want to admit how long it took me to figure out what these are called. As soon as I figured it out I said, "duh, I knew that." Sea Urchins, or Echinoids (dead), in case you were wondering. I'm glad I saved some poor soul the time searching on Google for "round, hollow sea creature", or "spherical sea creature" or "circular coral reef animal", because I certainly did not spend a lot of time doing the same thing, nope, not me.

And now that I am done wasting time on the internet looking up round sea animals I will now go waste more time on the internet stalking people on Facebook.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by a procrastinating graduate student that just wants to go home right now. Have a nice day :)

2 comments:

S.Wells said...

lol! Yes, I've googled similarly general search terms and yielded very little result. One has to waste time one way or the other!

jpr2 said...

I collected those on the California coast several years ago. I love the pic, but I am a little embarrassed at the obvious cobwebs! House-cleaning is not our strong suit.